1. Met-Rx being bought out just before closing it’s doors by a guy with a last name beginning with “Z” who saw fit to make sure that “Z” shows up everywhere. (Hint: he ain’t Zorro). The Met-Rx Era has ended along with what made it special.
2. The influx of new trainers of dubious qualifications from another gym and their out-of-shape clients contributed greatly to the “Bally-fication” of Met-Rx.
3. An increase of people who have no concept of racking their weights and having any sense of spatial awareness, especially in the vicinity of my kettlebell swings and barbell snatches.
4. Elbow tendonitis, first in the right one then the left one. Long healing times.
5. My barbell snatches and cleans still suck!
6. My weight, though not bad, crept up a little.
7. While my knowledge of good health and sports nutrition has improved, my practical implementation of it has not kept pace.
8. Pangs of regret for not having done this training earlier in life.
9. The Packers had a crappy year especially after their bye week.
10. I couldn’t make it to 10. It really has been a pretty good year for me and I am poised to continue in 2009. I hope you are too!
Do you have a “forgettable” training moment in 2008? Put it in the Comments!
NEXT: My Training Top 10 for 2009