2008 was a very good training year for me for many reasons. I am thankful for all the accomplishments, events, but mostly the people who are a part of my training life. They kept it fun! Here are a few of the reasons:
1. Finding a new gym nearby that gave us a dedicated room (with stereo) and an outdoor area in which to train… any way we want!
2. I received a clean bill of health in my first physical in years including high testosterone, DHEA and IGF-1 levels. (One day that will be important to you too!)
3. A lot of personal bests were reached this year but my favorites were getting 460 lbs in the deadlift and 340 in the squat. I was also happy to finally get 135 lbs in the snatch which was a goal Jon Curry and I had.
4. I have met a lot interesting people while training at Met-Rx. Kenny and Christine Smith, Lee and Rose, all the Mikes, Torri, Tony the Trainer, Chad and many others. Good people all.
5. Seeing the racing results and success Val has had, based in part on her training discipline in the gym and on road and track.
6. Being healthy for most of the year with few injuries and little that interrupted my training.
7. I bought and made new equipment that reflects my style of training. I am self-sufficient from having to belong to a gym in order to train.
8. Seeing my blog, this one, grow and get readers from over 70 countries. (Thanks everyone. Tell your friends and come back often!) Writing MFBB has been a lot of fun for me.
9. Earlier in the year, I did a strongman medley that Scott Brengel and the Freaks had set up and later competed in a Highland Games competition. While that was way out of my league, I had a great time!
10. I finished the year healthy and getting a couple of recent personal bests is a great ramp-up into the new year! Bring it. I’m ready!
••Add some of the highlights of your training year in Comments.